Re: Take 2: Testers for new ssh-*-config scripts wanted!

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 04:05:43PM -0600, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
> User Accounts have a USER_FLAGS attribute that can be any combination of
> a couple of values.  One of these can be UF_DONT_EXPIRE_PASSWORD.  If it
> is present, the password never expires.
>
> I typically manipulate it using Dave Roth's Win32::AdminMisc perl module
> (UserGetMiscAttributes and UserSetMiscAttributes)... which is likely
> beyond the scope of what you want this script to do.
>
> The CREATEUSERS.VBS script from the Windows 2000 Resource Kit
> (Supplement 1) looks promising.  I haven't used it, but the code seems
> capable of specifying the UF_DONT_EXPIRE_PASSWORD option.
> I would attach the .vbs file (as a .txt file), but it is copyrighted by
> Microsoft.  If anyone knows if emailing it would be "bad" or not, let me
> know.

While I'm somewhat reluctant to add a VB script to OpenSSH (for apparent
reasons I hop), this description leads me to looking into the "passwd"
tool again, which is part of the cygwin package itself.  It should be
possible to add this functionality with not too much effort.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.