This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Serial] PPP/SLIP/.../ network?
- From: Andrew Markebo <andrew dot markebo at comhem dot se>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:02:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Serial] PPP/SLIP/.../ network?
- Cancel-lock: sha1:rr3k2RZD1YmPj3hA1mEpJ7s8hGo=
- References: <email@example.com>
/ "Sylvain Briole" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
| I have a null-modem cable to connect the two computers.
| What I would like to implement : a TCP-IP connection between the laptop and
| the desktop computers.
Any special reason using cygwin for this, doesn't win2k provide this
functionality, basically your network connected computer pretends
dial-up-server, and your laptop pretends to dial to it, but no modems,
and no dialling done, just PPP/SLIP talk..
Saw some discussions how to do that for Palm..
Hmmm.. Make new connection -> connect directly to other computer...
The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!
Please note, new email, @telia.com -> @comhem.se
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html