This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin1.dll, nontsec, and NTFS disk issue
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Wu Yongwei" <adah at netstd dot com>,"cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:14:20 -0000
- Subject: Re: cygwin1.dll, nontsec, and NTFS disk issue
- References: <3E5DBC86.email@example.com>
Wu Yongwei wrote:
> You are correct about file permissions, Christopher.
> We all know that Windows has loose file permissions and all files are
> marked executable by default. When CYGWIN=nontsec,
> Old behaviour: when an executable is wanted, the system will check by
> extension and content, not file permissions;
> New behaviour: when an executable is wanted, the system will check by
> file permissions on NTFS disks, even though nontsec is set.
You *are* setting nontsec *before* starting bash, right?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html