This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ps and linking to cygwin.dll
- From: "Ryan T. Sammartino" <ryants at shaw dot ca>
- To: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall at rfk dot com>
- Cc: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:28:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: ps and linking to cygwin.dll
- References: <20020423225102.GA13166@localhost><firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 09:19:06PM -0400, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> At 06:51 PM 4/23/2002, you wrote:
> >Am I correct in stating that the only processes that ps will list are
> >processes that are linked to cygwin.dll?
> No. See 'ps -h'.
$ ps -h
ps: unknown option -- h
Pretty sure I have the latest greatest "ps". "man ps" says:
The ps program gives the status of all the Cygwin pro-
cesses running on the system (ps = "process status").
but that doesn't mean *just* Cygwin processes, and it isn't 100% clear
what a "Cygwin process" is.
(Oh wait... now I see the slight ambiguity in my question... I should
have said "... that 'ps -a' will list..." explicitly excluding the -W
Ryan T. Sammartino
BOO! We changed Coke again! BLEAH! BLEAH!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html