This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: I am not going to let cygwin BSOD my Windows 2000 Server
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:02:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: I am not going to let cygwin BSOD my Windows 2000 Server
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 02:51:45AM -0400, George Hester wrote:
>Suggestion. Let's consider a Manual Install Direction for us weenies
>that lost a few toes trying to install this software in the past.
You're making things way too hard for yourself. Just run setup.exe
and select "Install" rather than "Download". Then everything will
be installed automatically. You don't have to unzip/bunzip anything
by hand. setup.exe has *never* required a manual step like this.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html