This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Shell CAPS-lock settings
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Shell CAPS-lock settings
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:16:29 -0400
- References: <200108151637.KAA18424@harvey.et.byu.edu>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:37:57AM -0600, Daniel V. Flores wrote:
>Whenever I have my CAPS locked, the top-row keys return the character
>as if I also had the Shift key pressed. For example, I get * instead
>of 8, + instead of =, and the ESC key doesn't work. Imagine writing
>FORTRAN code using vim with this problem :)
>How can I make my shell to change this behavior to the standard one?
This seems to be a valid bug.
Anyone want to investigate this? Several people have modified the
code in fhandler_console.cc. It's not that hard.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html