This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Fatal Error (Segmentation Fault) only while viewing the LVM GUI
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Carlo dot DiCocco at dfs dot ny dot gov
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:18:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fatal Error (Segmentation Fault) only while viewing the LVM GUI
- References: <OF35234193.566F8742-ON852579EB.00632D87-852579EB.006511D1@dfs.ny.gov>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On 25/04/2012 19:25, Carlo.DiCocco wrote:
> I think I may have found a bug. I am connecting to a remote Linux server
> from my Windows desktop and attempting to use some of the GUI tools on the
> remote server. The "xclock" GUI displays fine. The Oracle "dbca" GUI
> displays fine. The LVM "system-config-lvm" GUI displays and works fine,
> but cygwin generates a fatal error window due to a segmentation fault.
> The following command displays the GUI, but reports a fatal error:
> [root@aorahdev ~]# system-config-lvm
> [ 64144.546] Segmentation fault at address 0x44
> [ 64144.546] Fatal server error:
> [ 64144.546] Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
> [ 64144.546] Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
Thanks for reporting this problem.
I was not able to reproduce this crash using system-config-lvm 1.1.16, on
Fedora 15. Perhaps you can provide details on the remote server and
system-config-lvm version you are using?
It would be very helpful if you could follow the instructions at  to use
gdb to get a backtrace for the X server when it crashes.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html