Initial run of BASH doesn't initialize home directory

I was able to get Cygwin to run without problems and then decided to try
Cygwin/X to take advantage of X.

I completely uninstalled Cygwin as follows:

- Deleted the Desktop and Start Menu shortcuts.
- Deleted C:\cygwin
- Deleted Cygnus Solutions from the Registry.

I removed all of the downloaded source Cygwin files and started the Cygwin/X
installer--everything seems to install correctly. The only non-default
packages I select are:

gcc
vim
nano
inetutils
openssh
xorg-x11-base
xorg-x11-devel
xorg-x11-man-pages

When I start the Cygwin Bash Shell for the first, I get dropped to a shell
prompt and placed in /usr/bin. My Home directory isn't created and the
general Cygwin environment doesn't work--that is, I'm not able to execute
any commands. In fact, no files even appear in /usr/bin.

I've researched this problem and haven't been able to locate a solution. I'm
also not sure how to start troubleshooting it.

Any ideas as to how I can start troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Tom