Re: Problems running OpenGL program on Cygwin

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Larry Griffith wrote:

> I get a black rectangle with no picture (and in particular no cube) and
> no error messages.  I can click the shell window and press CTRL-C
> to get out.

Are you using XWin or XWin_GL, the version with accelerated OpenGL. For XWin_GL
you'll need additional OpenGL drivers from your vendor. The drivers installed by
Windows will not work properly.

To test you should run glxinfo | grep "OpenGL vendor string".
If this is something like "Windows GDI" then you're using the Windows supplied
drivers which do not work.

Another good program for testing is glxgears. It is installed with Cygwin/X and
should always show running gears.

bye
	ago
--