This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: q: Xwin -clipboard over xdmcp with gdm
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:20:14 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: q: Xwin -clipboard over xdmcp with gdm
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Chan Kar Heng wrote:
> clipboard stops working with gdm over xdmcp.
> (works on local X connection).
> may i know if this's fixed yet?
> (doesn't seem like it's fixed; i tried).
> i've dug around & found something related to gdm.conf
> & killinitclients (or something like that).
> also found this:
> XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-42 no longer steals selection ownership and works with Xdmcp.
> does it apply to gdm.conf?
The clipboard thread tries to connect after the xdmcp login took place.
But this uses only heuristics since it wait until the 3rd client connects
(which used to work fine with kdm, wdm and afaik gdm). If the gdm code has
changed then it might be possible that the clipboard thread gets killed. But
the XWin logfile might shed some more light on it.
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723