This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: Patch: inetd service using cygrunsrv
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'never woulda thunk it'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:26:28 -0000
- Subject: RE: Patch: inetd service using cygrunsrv
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Thrall, Bryan wrote:
> I want to run inetd as a service, but the documented way of doing this
> (--install-as-service) requires C:\cygwin\bin be in the Windows System
> PATH. Modifying the System PATH that way causes problems elsewhere in
> the environment I'm working in, so I'd like to have inetd work under
> cygrunsrv instead (which does not have this requirement).
> I've attached a patch which adds a -D option to inetd which prevents it
> from daemonizing, similar to the -D option sshd has.
> Let me know what you think,
I think it's really strange how everyone who works for FSI is called
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....