This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: missing 64bit ports
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:59:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: missing 64bit ports
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55A66D0B dot 7030603 at gmail dot com> <20150715182833 dot GT16720 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55A6BEAE dot 3040808 at cornell dot edu> <20150717073222 dot GA3864 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55A8BF37 dot 5000004 at gmail dot com> <20150717095008 dot GC3864 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 7/17/2015 11:50 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 17 10:39, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 7/17/2015 9:32 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 15 16:12, Ken Brown wrote:
On 7/15/2015 2:28 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 15 16:24, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Thanks for looking into this.
- Shall we remove all 32b-bit only orphaned packages for which we don't
get a maintainer until, say, end of August?
That seems reasonable, as long as there are exceptions for packages where
the lack of a 64-bit package is due to genuine porting difficulties.
libsigsegv was in that category until yesterday. Another one I'm aware of
I understand, but they are unmaintained. So, who's going to check
if they are buildable as 64 bit packages?
I will look on them, just to complete the effort ;-)
But IMHO some should be killed anyway
aewm++ ccdoc cramfs mtd ioperm xgraph xsri xview rxvt
Sounds like a plan. These and all mingw packages.
Jari (the not-maintainer) just uploaded aewm++.
I updated the list, accordingly.
as they are well dead upstream, and eventually also
nfrotz scsh wtf logiweb
for the same reason.
As for logiweb, I have still hopes. Yaakov uploaded Klaus' SSH key
on 2015-01-27. Unfortunately Klaus never followed up after that,
but I just pinged him (and CCed him now).
These have surely porting issue
ffcall flexdll xwinwm
like xemacs and pdftk so they belong to a different category