This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 21:04:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: perl-5.14.4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87iofh8l54 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87bnl6n8uw dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <87386gtaub dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
Achim Gratz writes:
> It turns out that doing so damages the debug information in the library
> and then it can't be extracted later, so I'll have to skip this step
> when building with cygport. I have no idea how and why this happens;
> the debug information is still there, but quite obviously it can't be
> correctly associated with the code after rebasing. Is that something
> that can be fixed in rebase or objcopy?
Specifically, running "nm -l" does not output the source files and line
numbers any more. The entries are still in the object file, but the
association with the symbols has been lost.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf rackAttack: