This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 02:33:48 -0600
- Subject: clang 3.7.1-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
Clang is an LLVM native C/C++/ObjC compiler, which aims to deliver
amazingly fast compiles, extremely useful error and warning messages and
to provide a platform for building great source level tools. The Clang
Static Analyzer is a tool that automatically finds bugs in your code,
and is a great example of the sort of tool that can be built using the
Clang frontend as a library to parse C/C++ code.
This is an update to the latest upstream release, built for GCC 5.3.0.
As a result of LLVM switching to the CMake build, Clang is now built as
a separate source package. This also results in many small shared
libraries instead of the single monolothic one from previous releases.