This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] x86: further refine SSE check (SSE4a, SHA, GFNI)
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich at suse dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 10:23:08 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] x86: further refine SSE check (SSE4a, SHA, GFNI)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 4:39 AM Jan Beulich <email@example.com> wrote:
> In ("x86: extend SSE check to PCLMULQDQ, AES, and GFNI insns") I went
> both a little too far and not quite far enough:
> - GFNI insns also have AVX512 variants, which also shouldn't get
> - SSE4a insns should get diagnosed just like SSE4.x ones,
> - SHA insns should get diagnosed just like PCLMULQDQ or AES ones.
> 2018-12-XX Jan Beulich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/tc-i386.c (md_assemble): Extend SSE check conditional.
> * testsuite/gas/i386/sse-check.s: Add SSE4a and SHA tests.
> Extend GFNI tests.
> * testsuite/gas/i386/sse-check.d: Adjust expectations.
> * testsuite/gas/i386/sse-check-error.l,
> testsuite/gas/i386/x86-64-sse-check-error.l: Likewise.
> * testsuite/gas/i386/sse-check-warn.e: Likewise.