This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] RISC-V: enable lui relaxation for CODE and MERGE sections.
- From: Kito Cheng <kito dot cheng at gmail dot com>
- To: Jim Wilson <jimw at sifive dot com>
- Cc: Ilia Diachkov <ilia dot diachkov at optimitech dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 14:40:17 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] RISC-V: enable lui relaxation for CODE and MERGE sections.
- References: <email@example.com> <CAFyWVabN2rOS58aWNEKR8khkZvid_sENWpAAysQkh0vdfDN8hQ@mail.gmail.com>
I just found a case will got `relocation truncated to fit` error on
rv32 linux with this patch.
Here is the tarball for reproduce, included minimized sysroot and
`make relax` can reproduce the problem and `make norelax` for disable
On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 4:55 AM Jim Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 11:59 AM Ilia Diachkov
> <email@example.com> wrote:
> > This patch enables lui relaxation for CODE and MERGE sections on RISC-V.
> > It helps to reduce code size.
> I spotted two minor style issues. An extra blank line where we had
> the bfd_assert call during testing. And a missing space before an
> open paren.
> I rewrote the ChangeLog entry. It should describe the actual changes
> that are being made, and not the effect of the change. Also, it
> should be sentences that start with capital letter.
> I did a quick test to make sure I didn't accidentally break it and
> then committed and pushed it.