This is the mail archive of the binutils@sourceware.org mailing list for the binutils project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [PATCH] RISC-V: Add ld test cases for weak reference calls


On 05/28/2018 11:24 PM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
The new "Weak reference 64" test case fails currently:

ld-new: tmpdir/weakref64.o: in function `_start':
(.text+0x14): relocation truncated to fit: R_RISCV_CALL against undefined symbol `f'
FAIL: Weak reference 64

ld/
	PR ld/23244
	* testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/ld-riscv-elf.exp: Add test cases.
	* testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/weakref.ld: New file.
	* testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/weakref32.d: Likewise.
	* testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/weakref32.s: Likewise.
	* testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/weakref64.d: Likewise.
	* testsuite/ld-riscv-elf/weakref64.s: Likewise.

The weakref64.d file is not right, as we can't use auipc/jalr in the 64-bit case. We will need different output, and I won't know the right output until I figure out how to write a patch to fix it. Otherwise, this looks OK and looks like a good idea. I'd like to try to fix the bug first and then fix the weakref64.d file before checking it in. But if I don't get around to this in a few days I will go ahead and check in the patch as is, and worry about fixing the weakref64.d file later.

Jim


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]