Re: bfd/elfnn-aarch64, veneer stub alignment

Hi Pekka,

> Is is possible to set the minimum alignment for the generated veneers?

No.

> should the veneer stub land on a word (i.e. 4 byte) aligned address,
> things might not go so well.

Indeed.

Please could you file a bug report for this problem using the binutils
bugzilla system:

  https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=binutils

I have a patch to fix the problem, (by enforcing an 8-byte alignment
for the long branch stubs) but I expect that it will raise complaints
from people, along the lines of: "that nop you insert for alignment
purposes is not needed on my system - I am not using hardware
alignment checking".  So it may need to be re-evaluated and a command
line option added to control its behaviour...