This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
- From: "Luke A. Guest" <laguest at archeia dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 20:22:03 +0000
- Subject: z80
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm currently in the process of messing around with a Z80 CPU for a
project and thought that I'd try and get some tools going. I've found
various stunted projects, gdb/gcc ports which don't have copyright
assignments and unlikely ever to. I have managed to get z80-coff to
build, but it would be nice to get this CPU wrapped in ELF32. So, I have
a few questions.
1. How difficult would it be to get z80-elf going on binutils?
2. Why are the z80 specific source files so different to other ports?
i.e. no opcodes/z80-opc.[ch], seems the assembler part is inside
gas/config/tc-z80.[ch], does this port require a clean up?
3. Is there anything else that should be worked on?
I have forked the source from git as you've already added EM_Z80
identifier from the latest ELF spec.
As for getting GCC going, there is m68hc11 which is more basic that the
Z80 and there is an unofficial 6502 port I can look at.