This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PING: Re: [PATCHv2 0/2] Add initial arc nps400 support
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: noamca at mellanox dot com, Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com, Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 11:14:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: PING: Re: [PATCHv2 0/2] Add initial arc nps400 support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160302193711 dot GB9275 at embecosm dot com> <cover dot 1456947552 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <20160311201339 dot GB14100 at embecosm dot com>
> PING! I've had some great feedback from Claudiu, but I'm still hoping
> for a global maintainer to cast an eye over this too please.
Oops - sorry - dropped the ball on this one.
The patches (1 and 2) both look fine to me, apart from one very small issue:
The new assembler test control files (gas/testsuite/gas/arc/nps400-0.d and
gas/testsuite/gas/arc/nps400-1.d) both restrict the test to:
What is "mellanox" and why is it included in the target string ? The name
is not present in the gas/configure.tgt or bfd/config.bfd files, so I am
assuming that it is a manufacturer name and not an OS name. If so then its
presence in these tests will stop them from being run with toolchains
configured with, for example, --target=arc-elf. (This matters to me, since
that is one of the configurations I use in my daily regression testing).