This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: binutils/ld: mips linux build broken in latest -git head
- From: Andrew Bennett <Andrew dot Bennett at imgtec dot com>
- To: Manuel Lauss <manuel dot lauss at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 15:35:03 +0000
- Subject: RE: binutils/ld: mips linux build broken in latest -git head
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOLZvyFOFgnkmKT-LdEVwJsCj64cs_52RWc2-ej8rsOJSHXrBQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <0DA23CC379F5F945ACB41CF394B9827720F3F86E at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <CAOLZvyF8_E1Q+KvhRtTuEWnb1Tsyt9jafF1bspJoos3JWe9X-A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAOLZvyH1wjY666YVR6u1vTEjmuPJq3vbuyQVrMr7pxOB_vfbwQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
> I bisected the issue again because after looking at your patch it didn't
> seem right that it was the real cause, and this time I found the
> real culprit: Commit 53df40a43c968f4d97754226d62775d1fe665459 (
> (Sort relocs output by ld -r) by Alan Modra.
> I manually removed the patch from binutils-git and got a working kernel.
> Very sorry for the noise!
Thats alright; I had already realised that it was this patch, and was drafting
up an email when I got your reply. I have added some extra information to
your email to Alan to better explain why you were getting the error messages.