This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Inconsistent value definition - R_AARCH64_TLS_DTPMOD64
- From: Yufeng Zhang <yufengzhangdev at gmail dot com>
- To: HÃn ShÄn (ææ) <shenhan at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Jing Yu <jingyu at google dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, arm dot eabi at arm dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 01:08:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: Inconsistent value definition - R_AARCH64_TLS_DTPMOD64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACkGtrjJi9gMJhTFSSwj2d0T9t4e-8s=aOaWSGR0LCSvOTtL5A at mail dot gmail dot com>
Hmm... I'm surprised that this inconsistency has been there for so
long time, unnoticed.
Considering the fact that the aarch64 support has been available for
quite some time in both the binutils and the glibc, I think it will be
the ABI spec which needs to be updated instead.
On 16 August 2014 01:00, HÃn ShÄn (ææ) <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi, while we are implementing gold for aarch64, we found reloc type
> R_AARCH64_TLS_DTPMOD64 is defined as 1029 in the manual from
> while actually in current bfd and dynamic linker, it is defined as
> 1028 (binutils-gdb/include/elf/aarch64.h and glibc/elf/elf.h). Shall
> we make them consistent to avoid confusion? (Same inconsistency for
> R_AARCH64_TLS_DTPREL64 )