This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH] ARM: Add support for armeb-*-eabi*
- From: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at arm dot com>
- To: "'Will Newton'" <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 15:54:59 +0800
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] ARM: Add support for armeb-*-eabi*
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1407146220-5608-1-git-send-email-will dot newton at linaro dot org>
> From: Will Newton [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Monday, August 04, 2014 5:57 PM
> At the moment it is possible to configure binutils for these triples
> but the resulting linker defaults to little endian with huge numbers
> of testsuite failures, which on the face of it does not appear to make
> much sense.
> This patch makes the behaviour similar to armeb-elf and the testsuite
> is clean.
I encountered the same problem when I wanted to test that a fix for a
big endian bug in GCC didn't introduce new regression. The patch allowed
me to move forward and I didn't encountered any problem with it.