This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: allow a first "=" to mean sysroot for all paths in linker-scripts?
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 14:56:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFC: allow a first "=" to mean sysroot for all paths in linker-scripts?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201405270232 dot s4R2WUJL032457 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com>
Is there a reason not to allow a first character '=' to mean
sysroot-prefix for all paths inside linker scripts?
So again, how about treating "=" as the sysroot prefix for
*all* paths in linker scripts?
A good idea - please submit a patch.
What to do about quoted paths?
(I suggest both quoted and unquoted "="-prefixed paths to work.)
Hmm, I can think of no situation where a user would want to use = as a
valid first character of a real filepath, so quoted and unquoted
prefixes are fine.