This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: problem in installing binutils.
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Yanamadala Sirisha <sirisha dot yanamadala at gmail dot com>, bug-binutils at gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 14:33:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: problem in installing binutils.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABSkACJrBhCDCxK1OMJrP8W2Sw-xRCfsY8fdb5oA+-LZNWKKsQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Hi Yanamadala Sirisha,
I am student working on a project. when am trying to install mspgcc on
ubuntu 14.04 version am getting an error at "make" during installation of
Ah - you are running into this problem because you are using a newer
version of texinfo. When the 2.24 sources were tested an older version
of texinfo was used, and this did not generate the errors that you have
The solution is to either install an older texinfo or to apply a patch
to the sources you have or to use the latest development binutils
sources, which have already been fixed. If you want to apply a patch,
try the one here: