Re: powerpc-rtems testers was Re: powerpc-vxworks testers needed

On 3/4/2014 5:45 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 02:37:25PM -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
On 3/3/2014 1:07 PM, Jerome Guitton wrote:
Alan Modra (amodra@gmail.com):

Now, I don't have access to a powerpc-vxworks system, so this patch
might leave vxworks broken due to additional features being enabled.
For example, TLS optimisation will now occur on powerpc-vxworks, and
I don't have any information on how TLS is implemented on vxworks.
Hopefully, it follows my original ppc tls implementation in terms of
code and reloc sequences..  If not, I'd like to hear about problems
now rather than a week or so after the next binutils release.  ;)
FWIW, I've tested this patch against our internal Ada testsuites in
rtp/smp (the only configuration where we know that TLS would have an
impact). No regression.

RTEMS has SMP support. What do we need to be on the lookout for?
You probably don't need to worry any more than you normally do when I
start hacking.  :)  powerpc-rtems ought to be unaffected since that
target has been using ppc32elf.em forever.

:) We try very hard to stay close to the base configurations since that reduces the likelihood of RTEMS specific bugs. Unfortunately, that sometimes means XXX-rtems
gets caught by *CPU*-*-* in a configure switch and we are invisible.