This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold] PATCH: Add R_X86_64_PC32_BND and R_X86_64_PLT32_BND
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:42:00 -0800
- Subject: Re: [gold] PATCH: Add R_X86_64_PC32_BND and R_X86_64_PLT32_BND
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131117165613 dot GA17622 at intel dot com> <20131117183518 dot GA5067 at intel dot com> <CAHACq4pwai-ZTWg1EgxhBpZwiPLBrwiMGq-Rh2cZ_feS4590MQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOoP+AjEEm6dgTqYX4myyDFX-KNYOYR9+Zyv6nUMAGgtQg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHACq4qat=vABVOdBr=fpqUsVkADDmWmpnGRMq7Hbhc7R1pAwQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> The -madd-bnd-prefix option only works with a very recent assembler.
>>> These last two rules should have gcctestdir/as as a dependency so that
>>> the compiles will pick up the in-tree assembler. Alternatively, we
>>> could add a configure check for the -madd-bnd-prefix option, and make
>>> this test case conditional. I'd prefer the former -- your thoughts?
>> Either works for me. Sorry for inconvenience.
> OK, I'm committing the following patch.
> 2013-11-22 Cary Coutant <email@example.com>
> * testsuite/Makefile.am (exception_x86_64_bnd_test): Use in-tree
> * testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
Please also fix 2.24 branch if possible.