This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Fix GOT overflow on MIPS with page references to mergeable sections
- From: Robert Schiele <rschiele at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org, rdsandiford at googlemail dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:49:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fix GOT overflow on MIPS with page references to mergeable sections
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Richard Sandiford
> It took longer than it should have done, but here's a patch to fix the
> bug that Robert found: the counting of GOT page entries didn't work in
> cases where a bfd has page references to multiple pieces of mergeable data,
> some of which might end up resolving to input sections in other bfds
> that are far away from the original.
> The idea is to collect references during check_relocs, and only convert
> them to page entries during size_dynamic_sections. This also has the
> benefit of handling hidden global symbols.
> The patch applies on top of the recent GOT rewrite patches, so it's only
> suitable for mainline. Robert: could you check whether mainline CVS
> now works with your original testcase?
Just did and can confirm that it does. Looking into your patch it
seems it turned out to be a way more significant change than I
initially expected. Thus thanks for all the work again!