This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: How to pad a section to an aligned size in the linker script file
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "R. Diez" <rdiezmail-binutils at yahoo dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:11:36 +0930
- Subject: Re: How to pad a section to an aligned size in the linker script file
- References: <1310643493.4388.YahooMailClassic@web25403.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:38:13PM +0100, R. Diez wrote:
> 1) Instead of LONG(0), use some directive to reserve the space, but not fill it.
. = ALIGN(4);
or if you want to be a little more fancy
. = ALIGN(. != 0 ? 4 : 1);
Australia Development Lab, IBM