This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: simple program
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at gmail dot com>
- To: Bill Cunningham <billcun at suddenlink dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:05:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: simple program
- References: <000301cc41d1$3dbda1f0$a7d8daad@YOUR1F7593437D>
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Bill Cunningham <email@example.com> wrote:
> ? I am just looking at the library and since everyone seems to start out
> with their first progam being "hello world" is there a way to do that with
> BFD? Maybe calling bfd_init(void) and then simply using bfd_perror to print
> a string? Or would there be a better way?
It depends what you want to do - bfd_perror isn't necessarily that
representative of the BFD API as a whole. It might be useful to start
with one of the smaller binutils programs and learn from that. size.c
seems like it might be a good candidate.