This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Using linker script instead of library in Gold
- From: Aleksandar Simeonov <Aleksandar dot Simeonov at RT-RK dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, rich at mips dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:31:50 +0200
- Subject: Using linker script instead of library in Gold
I have one short question today. Situation is as follow: instead of
having lib.so as shared library, on our Linux distribution we have ld
/* GNU ld script
Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
the static library, so try that secondarily. */
GROUP ( /lib/libc.so.6 /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a AS_NEEDED (
/lib/ld.so.1 ) )
Is Gold capable of using it (for ld is enough to put -lc in command
line) and if yes, what command option should be used?
Thanks in advance for your answer.