This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold] issues with the lifetime of the archive passed to gold::Incremental_inputs::report_archive
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Rafael Espindola <espindola at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Mikolaj Zalewski <mikolajz at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:36:51 -0800
- Subject: Re: [gold] issues with the lifetime of the archive passed to gold::Incremental_inputs::report_archive
- References: <email@example.com>
Rafael Espindola <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> We could create a class (extend Incremental_inputs itself?) for
> incremental link information before opening the input files and update
> it as Incremental_inputs::report_* is called. Doing it this way
> gold::Incremental_inputs::sized_create_inputs_section_data would be a
> simpler method that just serializes the information.
I think this is the way to go.
> The third option is probably the most efficient. Is it the best one?
> Do you foresee any issues in trying to implement it?
I can't think of anything but I'm sure you'll find out....