Re: PATCH: PR gas/10740: Intel syntax far jumps broken

H.J.,

where have you seen any Intel (or MASM) document saying that this is
valid Intel syntax? Neither the two-operand form nor the lcall/ljmp
mnemonics are.

You're just adding hacks for things that have never been valid anyway -
if someone uses .intel_syntax, (s)he should also be writing Intel syntax
code... I intentionally left out support (and tests) for this when I
re-wrote the new parser.

I'd therefore like to ask you to revert that change, unless there has
been a non-ancient gas version that didn't accept the proper syntax.

Jan

>>> "H.J. Lu" <hongjiu.lu@intel.com> 13.10.09 18:21 >>>
Hi,

I am checking in this patch to restore Intel syntax far jumps.

H.J.
---
gas/

2009-10-13  H.J. Lu  <hongjiu.lu@intel.com>

	PR gas/10740
	* config/tc-i386-intel.c (i386_intel_operand): Handle call
	and jump with 2 immediate operands.

	* config/tc-i386.c (i386_finalize_immediate): Don't generate
	error message if operand string is NULL.

gas/testsuite/

2009-10-13  H.J. Lu  <hongjiu.lu@intel.com>

	PR gas/10740
	* gas/i386/jump.s: Add new tests.