This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Update rebuild rules in non-automake directories.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:03:34 -0600
- Subject: Re: Update rebuild rules in non-automake directories.
- References: <20090628183334.GA5401@gmx.de> <20090728181748.GA3134@gmx.de>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Ralf" == Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de> writes:
Ralf> - The gdb change also fixes a bug with regeneration triggered by the
Ralf> automake-generated makefile below the gnulib directory. This was
Ralf> mentioned on this list a while ago, but I can't find a reference to it
Ralf> now. Is there a PR attached to it that I should mention in the
I don't recall one. If you searched bugzilla and didn't find it, then
don't worry about it.
Ralf> 2009-07-28 Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de>
Ralf> * Makefile.in (ACLOCAL, ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS, aclocal_m4_deps):
Ralf> New variables.
Ralf> ($(srcdir)/aclocal.m4, am--refresh): New rules.
It seems a little odd to have a rule to rebuild aclocal.m4 when there is
no rule to rebuild configure. Are you planning to add that? (I don't
think this affects whether the patch is ok -- it is still an improvement
over the present situation.)