This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [arm] target2 relocs
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>, binutils <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:59:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: [arm] target2 relocs
- References: <4A533561.email@example.com>
On Tuesday 07 July 2009, Nathan Sidwell wrote:
> This patch fixes a bug I found with generating target2 relocs. Unlike
> get32 and gotoff, target2 is not a partial-inplace relocation. If we don't
> write the addend out explicitly in the assembler, we end up silently
> dropping it for REL targets.
> tested on arm-eabi and arm-vxworks. ok?
I'm not entirely sure what partial-inplace means, or why TARGET2 is different
from GOT32, but your solution looks plausible.