This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add FMA4 support in binutils
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at novell dot com>
- To: "dwarak rajagopal" <dwarak dot rajagopal at amd dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 16:57:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add FMA4 support in binutils
- References: <E7FB0F2BB5FEF242BB2929F02A12B8F337501A@SAUSEXMB2.amd.com>
>>> "rajagopal, dwarak" <firstname.lastname@example.org> 06.07.09 17:49 >>>
>This patch adds FMA4 support in binutils. The programmers guide for
>these instructions is located at
I had already asked this question once without getting an answer, but I
think it should have an answer before this change can go in: Is AMD indeed
planning on implementing FMA in a way Intel planned to originally, but
changed from since? If so, what are the plans between the two
implementations to avoid future collision in the opcode space?
>Tested for x86_64. Passed make check. Is this Ok?