This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] Add discriminator support to gas .loc directive
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 17:21:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Add discriminator support to gas .loc directive
- References: <email@example.com> <49ED7B85.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <49F16BFA.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A49F5A4.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It would be nice if the line table reader would silently ignore
opcodes it doesn't understand (as the DWARF spec suggests), but it
seems to be a deliberate decision here to complain, so I'll leave that
The reason for complaining about unrecognised opcodes is that:
A. They might be bugs in the code being examined and the user wants
to know about them.
B. They might be new opcodes and producing a warning will prompt the
maintainers to add code to handle them...
* dwarf2.c (decode_line_info): Ignore DW_LNE_set_discriminator.
Approved - please apply.