This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld selective link test failure
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:31:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: ld selective link test failure
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Will Newton wrote:
> CC in this case is gcc, but the arch-linux-uclibc-cc symlink to gcc,
> so this check does not trigger and the C++ tests fail. Is there a
> better way to test for gcc?
Does this testcase stand the slightest chance of succeeding on a non-GCC
compiler? Given the proliferation of gcc-specific command-line options in the
test, and gcc-specific asms and attributes in the testcase code, I'd think the
test of the name is superfluous and could just be dropped.