Re: PE-COFF and import tables

Dave Korn wrote:
I can notice that COREDLL file is referenced twice, first one with only two functions
in it (_fileno, _strdup) and second one with other functions.

This is a bit unusual, we would have to see the linker command line that builds the DLL to know exactly why this happens.

I also noticed that kind of weird stuff. I my case one of the dlls is listed like 10 times! :)
It happens because one of the dll's exportes data member and the other dll auto imports it. That data member is referenced in 10 or so different files I believe. To fix that I appended __declspec(dllexport/dllimport) to the declaration of the exported symbol and in such case it's all ok.

Also I had references to coredll.dll and COREDLL at the same time. I personally don't like that COREDLL thing and to fix that I deleted libceoldname.a (which references COREDLL instead of coredll.dll) and for all unresolved references I manually added code forwarding functions like:
wchar_t * wcsdup(const wchar_t *s){ return _wcsdup(s); }