Re: On resolving the MIPS gas branch reloc issue

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> Well, this patch changes the definition of R_MIPS_PC16 (used for branch
> relocations) from a plain addend to a rightshift 2 addend. This reflects
> the hardware capabilities.
> The old version, written according to the ABI spec, was useless, therefore
> it was unused with the exception of some half-working/half-broken behaviour
> in binutils, and the ABI people at MIPS say it was a typo in the spec and
> should have never been defined this way.

 I hope this will get accepted this time -- my attempt to fix it a few
years ago was unfortunately rejected as breaking the ABI, even though both
the definition and the current implementation are indeed useless.

+        e-mail: macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl, PGP key available        +