This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH/RFA] elf64-alpha: Don't put DT_PLTGOT dynamic if no PLT
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej at wasabisystems dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 20:16:59 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFA] elf64-alpha: Don't put DT_PLTGOT dynamic if no PLT
- References: <20020718135711.J13737@dr-evil.shagadelic.org>
On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 01:57:11PM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> The problem occurs when a shared object contains no external references,
> and thus has no PLT. elf64_alpha_size_dynamic_sections() inserts a
> DT_PLTGOT entry anyway, which confuses the dynamic linker, resulting in
> a crash.
So, it's really a NetBSD dynamic linker bug?
> * elf64-alpha.c (elf64_alpha_size_dynamic_sections): Only insert
> DT_PLTGOT into the dynamic section if there is a PLT.
I'm fairly certain this won't cause any problem with glibc based
systems, so the patch is OK everywhere. Give Richard Henderson
a day or two to nak it before committing though. Hey Richard,
why aren't you listed as binutils alpha maintainer?
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre