RE: Change an object file without explicit copying

Hi H.J.,

I am using bfd because I need its functionality for performing relocations;
that's why I can't change to libelf.
In my actual program, a bfd(1) is opened for reading an ELF file and copied
to a bfd(2) created with bfd_openw() (some of the object's details are being
modified while doing this).
Then I close this recently created bfd(2) and copy it byte by byte
(i.e. without using bfd) to another file(3), which serves as destination
for its original file(2)'s relocated sections' contents.
I would be happy if I could open bfd(1) for changing, make a copy of it and then perform
the relocation with these two objects resp. files.

Greetings André