This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] MIPS64: Use non-trapping "daddu" in macro expansions
- From: Ralf Baechle <ralf at uni-koblenz dot de>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 03:27:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] MIPS64: Use non-trapping "daddu" in macro expansions
- References: <Pine.GSO.3.96.1020704152652.11369Hemail@example.com>
On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 03:40:13PM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> I believe it's incorrect to use "dadd" to calculate addresses as we don't
> handle overflow traps in any manner. That is strictly system-dependent
> and should be handled at the compiler level, anyway. I propose switching
> to "daddu".
The rationale behind this was to trap wraparounds of address between kernel
space and user space.