This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] allow easier overriding of ELF_DYNAMIC_INTERPRETER
- From: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: obrien at freebsd dot org, nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com, hp at bitrange dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:09:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] allow easier overriding of ELF_DYNAMIC_INTERPRETER
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> I think that the difference between two linkers which both use
> elf32-i386 but which should use different dynamic interpreters is
> exactly the sort of thing which linker emulations were designed to
> handle. Therefore, I think that any non-default dynamic interpreter
> should be specified in the linker emulation.
One more point:
Selecting the interpreter path via headers at compile time won't
work for multiarch binutils. The linker script seems to be the
natural place for run-time selection.