This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
ld auto-import broken? (was: Re: ld auto-import)
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit dot haase at convey dot de>
- To: Christopher January <ccj00 at doc dot ic dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: kde-cygwin at mail dot kde dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:23:46 +0100
- Subject: ld auto-import broken? (was: Re: ld auto-import)
- Organization: convey Information Systems GmbH
- References: <3C5DD7EE.31110.2A715B8@localhost><02a001c1ad11$b183d1e0$0100a8c0@advent02> <firstname.lastname@example.org><E16Xhkr-0006Hmemail@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit dot haase at convey dot de>
04.02.2002, 12:57, es wurde gemailt:
>>>>> Seems to me the auto-import feature of ld is extremely broken; a separate
>>>>> DLL reference seems to be made for every auto-imported symbol.
>>>> BTW, which version of ld are you using?
>>> I am using GNU ld version 2.11.90. I think it's the version from the
>>> kde-cygwin sourceforge page.
>>> The attached output was generated using dumpbin.exe from MSVC++.
>> Are there special patches in this version? I always use the standard
>> cygwin version of the binutils.
> See these links for the patches and README file for this version:
Hmm, then this is not the current version of the binutils ld.
Maybe there are some changes in the current (CVS) binutils (ld)?
At least the auto-import feature is included there for a while now.
Please can you try the ld from the current Cygwin release so we'll see
if it is the same 'problem' there.
And can someone verify if it is a problem at all?