Re: ld --auto-import for cygwin and libtool

Danny Smith wrote:

> Correction: The mingw binutils release since 2001-06-07 have not

> contained the auto-import feature. They have however contained the
> patch for stricter filtering of symbols with auto-export.

Why was the auto-import stuff backed out of the mingw distribution?  If
the answer is:

> With an older version of auto-import, there were some backward
> compatability problems, ie, the patched ld choked on import libs
> produced with standard ld.

Then my response is: Robert's version of the patch does not exhibit that
problem on cygwin, as demonstrated by my xemacs example in an earlier
message.  Can somebody try Robert's version on mingw (NOTE: Robert's
differs from Paul's original in that it doesn't set
--enable-auto-image-base by default.  I don't think this difference
would cause your observed mingw-choking; I just mention it FYI)

--Chuck