This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Use R_SPARC_UA32 for unaligned data relocs
- To: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use R_SPARC_UA32 for unaligned data relocs
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 14:04:50 -0700
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 02:03:06AM -0400, Jeff Sturm wrote:
> Beginning with the new EH ABI, GCC regularly emits unaligned relocations
> in dwarf sections.
Not "beginning with the new EH ABI" -- gcc has *always* done this.
I presume that it wasn't noticed because gnu ld.so handles the
unaligned R_SPARC_32, and gas isn't used that often on solaris.
> + if (sparc_no_align_cons && nbytes == 4)
> + r = BFD_RELOC_SPARC_UA32;
You also need to handle R_SPARC_UA64 and R_SPARC_UA16.