This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: elf32-hppa: abort rather than BFD_ASSERT
- To: amodra at one dot net dot au
- Subject: Re: elf32-hppa: abort rather than BFD_ASSERT
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 20:33:56 -0700
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, parisc-linux at lists dot parisc-linux dot org
- References: <20010525130358.K9275@squeak.one.net.au>
On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 01:03:59PM +0930, email@example.com wrote:
> Be a little more brutal. Any BFD_ASSERT failure here either rapidly
> results in a segfault during linking, or worse, generates shared libs
> and executables that will bomb with bus errors at runtime. An
> undefined millicode symbol in a shared library is nasty too: they
> can't be satisfied by another shared lib export as the ABI doesn't
> allow millicode to be exported from shared libs.
Why not give some useful messaages? I have been doing that for new
tests I added.