This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Should we allow -static libfoo.so?
- To: hjl at lucon dot org
- Subject: Re: Should we allow -static libfoo.so?
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 21:28:02 -0400
- CC: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <20010509181557.B1775@lucon.org>
> Should I make a patch to make linking DSO with -static a fatal
Why? I wouldn't think that the -static option affects cases where the
user explicitly asks for a specific file, but only that it decides
which types of files are searched for first by -lfoo.
At least, that's the way PE works.