binutils uses builder.sourceware.org to test all commits and to try commits by developers. If there are issues with the buildbot that aren't caused by the binutils code you can contact email@example.com
Every commit is build on several architectures and distros. If there any new failures an email will be sent to the commit author and the binutils mailinglist.
If you want to try a commit (and you have a binutils git sourceware account) you can push to a special named try branch as follows:
- git checkout -b frob
- hack, hack, hack... OK, looks good to submit
- git commit -a -m "Awesome hack"
- git push origin frob:users/username/try-frob
- Send in patches and mention what the try bot reported
After your patches have been accepted you can delete the branch again:
- git push origin :users/username/try-frob